Worship @ PGC or @ Home!
TODAY, Sunday, July 5 – We begin studying the 23rd Psalm!
At 10 am Sunday Parkwood Gardens’ Worship Celebration can be joined either in person or online! YOU MUST RSVP here in advance to reserve one of the 80 seats available per service.
Sermon: The Lord is My Shepherd: God’s Partnership (see info below)
You can also livestream the service at 10am here and download the notes here. (If you join the livestream “in progress” after 10 am just click on the progress bar and drag it back to the beginning.)
Kid’s Activity Sheet: Trust and Obey Colouring Sheet
Episode 4 of the Kids’ Sunday School video on Acts and the Holy Spirit is here.
Scroll to the bottom to see the updated reopening policy and procedures.
Our 2020 Theme:
July 5, 2020, 10 am In Person or Online
- We begin our summer series on The Twenty-Third Psalm
- Today’s Message, “God’s Partnership!“
- Read Psalm 23:1-6 to prepare.
- Service livestreamed here. Notes are here.
- Kid’s Activity Sheet: Trust and Obey Colouring Sheet
- Episode 4 of the Kids’ Sunday School video on Acts and the Holy Spirit is here.
June 28, 2020
- We conclude our series, Unshakable! Standing Firm in the Faith
- Today’s Message, “Unshakable Hope!“
- Read Haggai 2:10-19 to prepare.
- Service can be seen here. Notes are here.
- Kids Sunday School “Courage” activity sheet here.
- Episode 3 of the Kids’ Sunday School video on Acts and the Holy Spirit is here.
Kid’s Sunday School Online – Online Now
Our July-August sermon series will be “The Lord is My Shepherd” from the 23rd Psalm. Read through, even memorize, this timeless psalm. You and/or your family are requested to do an art project on one aspect of the psalm: God’s Partnership, Presence, Protection, Provision, Promise. Be creative, use any medium you’d like, and submit a picture of it to Pastor Lynette. Read. Reflect. Reveal.
Daily devotional thoughts are here or here.
NEW ONLINE OPPORTUNITIES!
ALPHA! We’re running Alpha online on Monday evenings @7:30. This is a great opportunity to invite your non-Christian friends or family that might be curious about our faith in Christ. The Alpha course is designed to explore the basics of the Christian faith with engaging video teaching and small group conversation. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to register.
MORE ONLINE OPPORTUNITIES!
Thursday Nights: 40 Minute studies
• 7 pm – Philippians: Young Adults (18-30)
Parents/Young Families Groups: Join a group for connection, community, and prayer after putting the kids to bed.
• Sundays @ 8:30 pn
• Tuesdays @ 8:30 pm
YouVersion: If you’re interested in joining a future YouVersion daily devotional Bible Reading group contact Mikem@parkwoodgardens.ca.
The next plan will begin Monday (May 18th) and includes reading daily devotions and interacting with those in the group as you desire each day and at your pace.
- All PGC Groups and Events have either moved online or are suspended until further notice.
- The office is currently not staffed as the building is closed. You may still call and leave messages or send emails to <email@example.com>.
- Finances: The church mailbox, which is locked and secure and located on the outside wall by the main front door, is checked daily. Feel free to mail or drop off your tithes and offerings there. You can also donate electronically. Go here for instructions or call the office and you will be called back.
- Summer Camps have been cancelled for this year
- Vacation Bible School has been cancelled for this year.
- Hearing God Seminar. The Hearing God seminar will occur this fall. Watch for more info.
- The Parkwood Gardens Neighbourhood Group is looking for new members. A Parkwood Gardens Church representative has often held this position as we have several joint initiatives throughout the year. Interested? Comment on your communications card or contact Ramona Maynard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- The Parkwood Gardens Playgroup on Thursdays will resume this fall.
- Co-ed Volleyball for ages 18+ on Tuesdays will resume this fall.
- Our Five-Year Vision was presented last year. If you missed it, you can watch it here and download the Vision document here.
Previous sermons are here and sermon notes are here.
We’re on FACEBOOK here and INSTAGRAM here.
July & August Memory Verses:
“The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 2He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters; 3He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. 4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.”
– Psalm 23:1-6
Weekly Events – ONLINE OR SUSPENDED FOR NOW
Mondays – DivorceCare, 7 pm, Library
Mondays – Women’s Fitness Class, FLC, 7 pm
Tuesdays – Circle of Friends – 9:30 am, childcare
Tuesdays – Friendship Club, 6:30 – 8 pm, JK to Gr. 5
Tuesdays – Co-Ed Volleyball – 8 pm, 18 and up
Wednesdays – Mamas & Chicks, 9:15 am
Wednesdays – Jr Youth Cell Groups, 6:30 to 8:30 pm Gr. 6-9
Wednesdays – GROW in God’s Word – 7 pm
Wednesdays – Renewal Group – 7 pm
Wednesdays – Ball Hockey, 8 pm, 15+
Thursdays – Parkwood Gardens Playgroup, 9:30am
Thursdays – Being a Disciple: Counting the Real Cost, 7 pm
Fridays – Basketball, 8 pm. Ages 16 and up
Saturdays – Family Fun in the Gym, 4 to 6 pm
Sundays – TWO Worship Celebrations – 9 & 10:45 am
Sundays – Vietnamese Worship Celebration, 3 pm
Sundays – Hearing God Seminar – 7 pm
(Best to check out your Youth Schedule for full information)
Youth in Grades 6,7,8
Sundays – Jr Youth Sunday School – 11:15 in the Youth Room
Wednesdays – Jr Youth Cell Groups. 6:30-8:30 pm
Saturdays – Family Fun in the Gym – 4-6 pm
* Junior Youth Cell Groups are Wednesday from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
* Jr Youth Sunday School is Sundays at 11:15 am.
High School Youth
Weekly – Sr Youth D-Teams ONLINE
Sundays – Sr Youth Sunday School – 11:15 in the Youth Room
1st Sunday – Resonate Worship, 7 pm
3rd Thursday – “The Gathering” – 7 pm
* Senior Youth d-teams (Discipleship groups) meet on various nights in various homes around the city.
* Sr Youth Sunday School is Sundays at 11:15 except for the first Sunday of each month.
- Did you know that you can watch or listen to Sunday’s sermons online? Click here for the previous week’s sermon.
If you would like to receive a list of weekly prayer requests, please e-mail Elizabeth Kraemer to have your e-mail address added to the weekly email newsletter. If you have prayer requests to be included on the list, please call the office (519-836-0180), or e-mail Elizabeth.
Reopening Parkwood Gardens Church
Sunday, July 5th
The decision to attend the in-person service at Parkwood Gardens Church on Sunday morning is solely your personal decision to make. It is equally acceptable to attend a service in person on Sunday or to watch it at home.However, we recommend the following with regard to your decision:
(1) If you’re in a high-risk demographic, we would strongly encourage you to not physically attend at this time. Watch the online service.
(a) More vulnerable individuals include those who are in assisted living and nursing home facilities.
(b) More vulnerable individuals also include those with underlying health conditions … such as diabetes, heart/lung disease, or other respiratory illnesses.
(c) The service will also be “live-streamed” at 10 am through our YouTube Live page and later uploaded to the church’s webpage and YouTube channel.(2) When you return to the PGC services you’ll find that things are not the same as before. The staff and leadership of our Church are attempting to make the best decisions for everyone from both a health and spiritual standpoint, according to God’s Word … while maintaining the freedom of personal responsibility and diversity of conclusions around the recommendations regarding COVID 19… which continue to change.For Everyone Coming Back to PGC’s Services:
(1) Complete a self-assessment prior to attending (see below) and please stay home if you have any symptoms, suspect you could be ill, or have been recently exposed to someone who has been unwell.(2) The PGC facility will be sanitized. High traffic areas, including restroom facilities, will be disinfected prior to each service. [However, we request that everyone use the restroom at home prior to coming to limit usage of the church’s facilities.]
(a) Parents of children up to grade 5 are to accompany their children to the restrooms.(3) Please enter the main front doors only.
(a) A sermon outline will be available on your seat, or you may print off your own at home and bring it. Bring your own pen or pencil. You may bring a quiet activity for your children to do.
(b) We will not offer coffee and water stations at this time. We will have hand sanitizing stations near both sides of the front doors.
(c) We will not be passing offering plates. You may drop your offering envelope into the offering box in the lobby on your way in.(4) We can only fill the sanctuary to 30% of its full capacity (80 people at a time). So our seating is reduced to ½ capacity. We ask that you leave 3 chairs between each household/family bubble or individual attending. We will ask everyone to register online (or call the office) to reserve your seats until the service is full.
(a) Parents, we ask that you keep your children with you at all times.(5) There will be no Children’s Ministries (nursery or Sunday School) at this time.
However, the changing table that is just off the main lobby in the nursery lobby is available for use. The Nursing Moms’ room in the Nursery is also available to nurse babies (not for toddlers to play).(6) We will aim to keep our services around one hour, and we will not have our usual “greeting time”. We ask that you not shake hands, give hugs or have any physical contact with those outside your family … even if the other person gives you permission to do so.(7) You may hum along with the music or sing behind your mask. At this time our worship music is prerecorded. The sermon is live. The front row will be empty.(8) Masks are encouraged but not mandatory. You may bring your own face covering when you come to the church or you can pick one up when you arrive.(9) At the conclusion of the service, each section will be dismissed separately. Please do not leave behind any paper, trash or personal belongings.
(a) We are requesting that all interaction with one another take place outside and with proper physical distancing.All of this information is posted on our church website.* Self-Assessment Questions:
* Are you feeling fevered/chills
* Do you have a new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, abdominal pain, difficulty swallowing, new loss of taste/smell, conjunctivitis (pink eye)
* If yes to any of the above, Do not come to church, Call COVID Call-in Centre or contact your healthcare provider.