Our Theme for 2021:
Please watch our 2021 Theme Presentation here.
Download the outline of our theme here.
The vision document for our five-year vision is here: Vision Diagram.
Sunday, January 17:
“Even John the Baptist Had Doubts!”
Online starting at 9 am
“Satan sure has many people doubting God these days. Even many believers are wondering about God and His love, control and concern for us. But we’re not alone. Even John the Baptist had doubts (Matthew 11). How did John deal with his doubts and how did Jesus respond to John’s questions? Join us as we explore “Dealing With Doubts” this month.
• View or print Sunday’s sermon outline here. View all sermon outlines here.
• Livestream the service at 9 am here. Join the chat!
TWO Online Sunday Schools Begin This Sunday!
9 am – Sunday School for all children JK to Grade 5
– click here
1 pm – Sunday School for children Grades 4-5
– click here!
(Start chatting with your friends 10 minutes ahead)
The new, 1pm Sunday School for older children will be based on the Bibleman animated series.
Thanks to Liz Kramer and the Deacons and Staff members who led our online Prayer Gathering Sunday night. Contact the office for a list of the prayer requests we prayed through.
Kids’ Church At Home:
Prayer, Week 1: Toddlers. Early Childhood. Elementary
Christmas, Week 4: Toddlers. Early Childhood. Elementary
Christmas, Week 3: Toddlers. Early Childhood. Elementary
Christmas, Week 2: Toddlers. Early Childhood. Elementary
Christmas, Week 1: Toddlers. Early Childhood. Elementary
Daily devotional thoughts are here or here.
MORE GROWTH & FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITIES!
Young Adult Bible Study in Galatians – NEW!
Bible study for those ages 18-30.
Starts Thursday, January 21st @ 8 pm on Zoom (Contact Pastor Mike)
“Redeem the Screen!” – NEW!
Three part study on Zoom called “Redeem the Screen” on Mondays at 7:30 starting Monday, January 11. Contact Pastor Mike to join.
In this three-part RightNow Media series we’ll apply the truths of Romans 12 to our lives, showing us the power of Jesus to transform us. Rather than allowing our screens to conform us to the world, in Jesus we can make screens a tool to change the world.
Women’s Fitness on Zoom with Amy Jennison:
Mondays, Fridays and Sundays @ 7:30 PM. Sunday session is especially good for those looking to get started (or any post partum mom’s looking to build back core strength). Contact Amy if you’re interested in joining: Amy13jennison@gmail.com.
Circle of Friends: Ladies Study & Fellowship Group:
Join the Circle of Friends ladies group on Tuesday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 am. Contact the office or Pastor Lynette for the Zoom link. Resumes January 12, 2021.
Parents/Young Families Groups: Join a group for connection, community, and prayer after putting the kids to bed.
• Sundays @ 8:30 pm
• Tuesdays @ 8:30 pm
YouVersion: If you’re interested in joining a future YouVersion daily devotional Bible Reading group contact Mikem@parkwoodgardens.ca.
- Many PGC Groups and Events have resumed or moved online.
- The office is currently open 9 to 4 daily. You may still call and leave messages or send emails to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Finances: The church mailbox, which is locked and secure and located on the outside wall by the main front door, is checked daily. Feel free to mail or drop off your tithes and offerings there. You can also donate electronically. Go here for instructions or call the office and you will be called back.
- Hearing God Seminar. The Hearing God seminar will occur later this winter. Watch for more info.
- The Parkwood Gardens Neighbourhood Group is looking for new members. A Parkwood Gardens Church representative has often held this position as we have several joint initiatives throughout the year. Interested? Comment on your communications card or contact Ramona Maynard <email@example.com>
- The Parkwood Gardens Playgroup on Thursdays will hopefully resume in the new year.
- Co-ed Volleyball for ages 18+ on Tuesdays will resume in the new year.
- Our Five-Year Vision was presented last year. If you missed it, you can watch it here and download the Vision document here.
Previous sermons are here and sermon notes are here.
We’re on FACEBOOK here and INSTAGRAM here.
January Memory Verse:
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. 13 Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.”
– Ephesians 6:10,13
Weekly Events – RESUMING THIS FALL
Mondays – DivorceCare, Postponed until January 2021
Mondays – Women’s Fitness Class, Monday, Friday, Sundays
Tuesdays – Circle of Friends – 9:30 am, Online
Tuesdays – Friendship Club, returning in January 2021
Tuesdays – Co-Ed Volleyball – returning in January 2021
Wednesdays – Mamas & Chicks, 9:15 am, every other week
Wednesdays – Jr Youth Cell Groups, 6:30 to 8:30 pm, Gr. 6-9
Wednesdays – GROW in God’s Word – 7 pm
Wednesdays – GROW in Your Walk – 7:30 pm Online
Wednesdays – Ball Hockey, 8 pm, 15+
Thursdays – Parkwood Gardens Playgroup, returning in January 2021
Fridays – Basketball, 8 pm. Ages 16 and up. Coming soon
Saturdays – Family Fun in the Gym, 4 to 6 pm. Coming soon
Sundays – Worship Celebrations – 9 am @PGC & online. 10:45 @ PGC
Sundays – Vietnamese Worship Celebration, 2 pm
Sundays – Hearing God Seminar – 7 pm, coming soon
(Best to check out your Youth Schedule for full information)
Youth in Grades 6,7,8
Sundays – Jr Youth Sunday School – coming soon
Wednesdays – Jr Youth Cell Groups. 6:30-8:30 pm
Saturdays – Family Fun in the Gym – coming soon
* Junior Youth Cell Groups are Wednesday from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
* Jr Youth Sunday School is Sundays at 11:15 am.
High School Youth
Weekly – Sr Youth D-Teams ONLINE
Sundays – Sr Youth Sunday School – coming soon
1st Sunday – Resonate Worship, 7 pm, coming soon
3rd Thursday – “The Gathering” – 7 pm
* Senior Youth d-teams (Discipleship groups) meet on various nights in various homes around the city.
* Sr Youth Sunday School is Sundays at 11:15 except for the first Sunday of each month.
Did you know that you can watch or listen to Sunday’s sermons online? Click here for the previous week’s service.
If you would like to receive a list of weekly prayer requests, please e-mail Elizabeth Kraemer to have your e-mail address added to the weekly email newsletter. If you have prayer requests to be included on the list, please call the office (519-836-0180), or e-mail Elizabeth.
There will be no in-person services or events at the church until February 14, 2021.
Reopening Parkwood Gardens Church
Sunday, February 21st
9 & 10:45 am
The Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Health Unit has mandated the wearing of masks in churches. Please wear a mask throughout your time in church if you are able. The Health Unit order also says “People whose ability to breathe in any way is inhibited by the face covering” should not wear a mask. If this is you, you may remove your mask once you’re seated – distanced from other people not in your home bubble.
The decision to attend the in-person service at Parkwood Gardens Church on Sunday morning is solely your personal decision to make. It is equally acceptable to attend a service in person on Sunday or to watch it at home. However, we recommend the following with regard to your decision:
(1) If you’re in a high-risk demographic, we would strongly encourage you to not physically attend at this time. Watch the online service.
(a) More vulnerable individuals include those who are in assisted living and nursing home facilities.
(b) More vulnerable individuals also include those with underlying health conditions … such as diabetes, heart/lung disease, or other respiratory illnesses.
(c) The service will also be “live-streamed” at 10 am through our YouTube Live page and later uploaded to the church’s webpage and YouTube channel.
(2) When you return to the PGC services you’ll find that things are not the same as before. The staff and leadership of our Church are attempting to make the best decisions for everyone from both a health and spiritual standpoint, according to God’s Word … while maintaining the freedom of personal responsibility and diversity of conclusions around the recommendations regarding COVID 19… which continue to change.
For Everyone Coming Back to PGC’s Services:
(1) Complete a self-assessment prior to attending (see below) and please stay home if you have any symptoms, suspect you could be ill, or have been recently exposed to someone who has been unwell.
(2) The PGC facility will be sanitized. High traffic areas, including restroom facilities, will be disinfected prior to each service. [However, we request that everyone use the restroom at home prior to coming to limit usage of the church’s facilities.]
(a) Parents of children up to grade 5 are to accompany their children to the restrooms.
(3) Please enter the main front doors only.
(a) A sermon outline will be available on your seat, or you may print off your own at home and bring it. Bring your own pen or pencil. You may bring a quiet activity for your children to do.
(b) We will not offer coffee and water stations at this time. We will have hand sanitizing stations near both sides of the front doors.
(c) We will not be passing offering plates. You may drop your offering envelope into the offering box in the lobby on your way in.
(4) We can only fill the sanctuary to 30% of its full capacity (80 people at a time). So our seating is reduced to ½ capacity. We ask that you leave 3 chairs between each household/family bubble or individual attending. We will ask everyone to register online (or call the office) to reserve your seats until the service is full.
(a) Parents, we ask that you keep your children with you at all times.
(5) There will be no nursery at this time. However, the changing table that is just off the main lobby in the nursery lobby is available for use. The Nursing Moms’ room in the Nursery is also available to nurse babies (not for toddlers to play).
(6) We will aim to keep our services around one hour, and we will not have our usual “greeting time”. We ask that you not shake hands, give hugs or have any physical contact with those outside your family … even if the other person gives you permission to do so.
(7) You may hum along with the music or sing behind your mask. At this time our worship music is prerecorded. The sermon is live. The front row will be empty.
(8) Masks are strongly encouraged. You may bring your own face covering when you come to the church or you can pick one up when you arrive.
(9) At the conclusion of the service, each section will be dismissed separately. Please do not leave behind any paper, trash or personal belongings.
(a) We are requesting that all interaction with one another take place outside and with proper physical distancing.All of this information is posted on our church website.
* Self-Assessment Questions:
* Are you feeling fevered/chills
* Do you have a new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, abdominal pain, difficulty swallowing, new loss of taste/smell, conjunctivitis (pink eye)
* If yes to any of the above, Do not come to church, Call COVID Call-in Centre or contact your healthcare provider.