Sunday is the Second Sunday of Advent
• Read last Sunday’s Advent Devotional on Peace here.
• Watch the Advent Devotional Video:
View this week’s e-newsletter here.
Worship In-Person & Online!
We can have up to 75 people in each of our 9:30 & 11 am services this Sunday. Sign up for a spot in a service or Sunday School or the Nursery here.
• A LIVE WORSHIP TEAM WILL LEAD US IN CHRISTMAS SONGS!
• We will livestream the 9:30 am service.
• View or print last Sunday’s sermon outline here.
• Fill out the Connection Card each Sunday here.
• Sunday School is in person and online. (See below)
Sunday, December 5, 2021
“The Gift of Incense”
In-Person Sunday, 9:30 am & 11 am
Livestreamed Sunday at 9:30 am
Sunday we continue our Advent series, “The Gifts of Christmas”. We’ll look at what the gift of incense meant for Jesus and what it means for us today. Why was it appropriate for Him, and how we can give more appropriate gifts at Christmas. Join us! Please fill out our Connection Card here.
• View or print last Sunday’s sermon outline here. All outlines here.
• Livestream the service at 9:30 am here. Join the chat! Use the same link all day or all week.
In-Person & Online Sunday School
9 am – Online Sunday School for children JK to Grade 5. Click here.
11 am – In-Person Sunday School @ PGC – register your child here.
Hello, Parents of Sunday School children.
The preschool Sunday School will now be held in the Fellowship Hall downstairs. They will meet there first, then be brought up to the gym around 11:50 for closing activities.
The Grade 1-5 kids will begin in the gym, then break into their two groups (Gr. 1-2 and Gr. 3-5). They will go either to the upstairs board room or the room downstairs right next to the stairs, depending on the number of kids in each group.
All children will be picked up by their parent(s) from the gym after Sunday School and will be signed out before we release them.
A special thanks to all of the teachers and helpers each week!
Royal City Mission Meal
We will be serving one more meal at the Royal City Mission this year, next Saturday, December 4th at 5 pm. Click here to see what you can contribute. Thanks for your generosity and help.
Junior Youth: (Grades 6-8)
Wednesdays @ PGC, 6:30 to 8:30 pm
Junior Youth Sunday School
11 am each Sunday – Register here
Senior Youth Events:
d-Teams on various nights throughout the week
December 16 – The Gathering. 7-9 pm @ PGC
Our office hours going forward will be Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 am to noon and 1 to 4 pm. With vacations happening this summer, please call to make an appointment with with a pastor or ministry leader.
Kids’ Church At Home:
Royalty Week, Week 4: Toddlers. Early Childhood. Elementary. Disabilities.
Royalty Week, Week 3: Toddlers. Early Childhood. Elementary. Disabilities.
Royalty Week, Week 2: Toddlers. Early Childhood. Elementary. Disabilities.
Royalty Week, Week 1: Toddlers. Early Childhood. Elementary. Disabilities.
Daily devotional thoughts are here or here.
MORE GROWTH & FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITIES!
“The Bible for Normal People.”
New study group meets every other Thursday evening starting TONIGHT, November 11th on Zoom. The group will be listening to podcasts from “The Bible for Normal People” prior to the meeting, and then meeting to discuss. The group is open to anyone who wishes to participate including youth. Contact the office or Allan Willms to join.
Parkwood Gardens Neighbourhood Group Playgroup
for kids 0-5 now meets at PGC on Fridays from 930 am-1045 am. Register to come using the link below. Spaces are currently limited to 10 children. Register here
GROW in God’s Word. If you have never taken this course, you should now! Contact Pastor Mike for more info or to register. THURSDAY NIGHTS, 7 pm. firstname.lastname@example.org
Circle of Friends: Ladies Study & Fellowship Group:
The Circle of Friends ladies group is on Tuesday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 am at PGC. All Ladies Welcome!
Ball Hockey Outreach! Our Men’s Ball Hockey Outreach in the FLC is Wednesdays at 8pm. All men 15 and up are welcome to come and play. Bring your own stick and whatever equipment you want. Non-marking gym shoes are a must. Provincial regulations mandate that all those 18 and up must show proof of full vaccination before being allowed to play. Those observing over 12 must also show proof of full vaccination.
Basketball Outreach! Our Friday night basketball outreach has returned! If you’re 15+ you can join the fun at 8 pm. Wear non-marking sneakers. Contact Pastor Mike for more info. Provincial regulations mandate that all those 18 and up must show proof of full vaccination before being allowed to play. Those observing over 12 must also show proof of full vaccination.
Women’s Fitness on Zoom with Amy Jennison:
Mondays and Fridays @ 7:30 PM. Contact Amy if you’re interested in joining: Amy13jennison@gmail.com
Circle of Friends: Ladies Study & Fellowship Group:
Join the Circle of Friends ladies group on Tuesday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 am. Contact the office or Pastor Lynette for the Zoom link. Will resume in September.
Parents/Young Families Groups: Join a group for connection, community, and prayer after putting the kids to bed.
• Sundays @ 8:30 pm
• Tuesdays @ 8:30 pm
YouVersion: If you’re interested in joining a future YouVersion daily devotional Bible Reading group contact Mikem@parkwoodgardens.ca.
- For the Angola mission update from Lowell and Gail Deering, click here.
- In-Person Services Sundays! Small groups are both online and in person.
- The church office is open 9-4 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. You may still call and leave messages or send emails to <email@example.com>.
- Finances: The church mailbox, which is locked and secure and located on the outside wall by the main front door, is checked daily. Feel free to mail or drop off your tithes and offerings there. DO NOT PUT CASH IN THE CHURCH MAILBOX. You can also donate electronically. Go here for instructions or call the office and you will be called back.
- Hearing God Seminar. The Hearing God seminar will occur in the new year. Watch for more info.
- The Parkwood Gardens Neighbourhood Group is looking for new members. A Parkwood Gardens Church representative has often held this position as we have several joint initiatives throughout the year. Interested? Comment on your communications card or contact Ramona Maynard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- The Parkwood Gardens Playgroup meets at PGC on Friday mornings.
- Co-ed Volleyball for ages 18+ on Tuesdays will hopefully resume soon.
- Our Five-Year Vision was presented last year. If you missed it, you can watch it here and download the Vision document here.
Previous sermons are here and sermon notes are here.
We’re on FACEBOOK here and INSTAGRAM here.
December Memory Verse:
“On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.”
– Matthew 2:11
Mondays – Women’s Fitness Class, Mondays & Fridays online
Tuesdays – Circle of Friends – 9:30 am @ PGC
Tuesdays – Friendship Club, Tuesdays, 6:30 to 8 pm
Tuesdays – Co-Ed Volleyball – returning soon
Wednesdays – Mamas & Chicks, 9:15 am, every other week, coming soon
Wednesdays – Jr Youth Cell Groups, 6:30 to 8:30 pm, Gr. 6-9
Wednesdays – Ball Hockey, 8 pm, Ages 15+
Thursdays – Parkwood Gardens Playgroup, returning soon
Thursdays – GROW in God’s Word – 7 pm, in-person
Fridays – Basketball, 8 pm. Ages 16 and up.
Saturdays – Family Fun in the Gym, 4 to 6 pm.
Sundays – Worship Celebrations – 9:30 & 11 am @ PGC
Sundays – Sunday School – 9 am online, 11 am in person
Sundays – Vietnamese Worship Celebration, 2 pm
Sundays – Hearing God Seminar – 7 pm, coming soon
(Best to check out your Youth Schedule for full information)
Youth in Grades 6,7,8
Sundays – Jr Youth Sunday School – coming soon
Wednesdays – Jr Youth Cell Groups. 7-8:30 pm here
Saturdays – Family Fun in the Gym – coming soon
* Junior Youth Cell Groups are Wednesday from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
* Jr Youth Sunday School is Sundays at 11:15 am.
High School Youth
Weekly – Sr Youth D-Teams ONLINE and in-person
Sundays – Sr Youth Sunday School – coming soon
1st Sunday – Resonate Worship, 7 pm, coming soon
3rd Thursday – “The Gathering” – 7 pm, December 16
* Senior Youth d-teams (Discipleship groups) meet on various nights in various homes around the city.
* Sr Youth Sunday School is Sundays at 11:15 except for the first Sunday of each month.
Did you know that you can watch or listen to Sunday’s sermons online? Click here for the previous week’s service.
If you would like to receive a list of weekly prayer requests, please e-mail Ricki Lee Bristow to have your e-mail address added to the weekly email newsletter. If you have prayer requests to be included on the list, please call the office (519-836-0180), or e-mail Elizabeth.
In-Person Worship Services
Parkwood Gardens Church
This Sunday, December 5th
9:30 & 11 am
With Covid-19 restrictions we can accommodate up to 75 people per service on Sundays. You can sign up to attend a service or Sunday School or the Nursery here.
The Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Health Unit has mandated the wearing of masks in churches. Please wear a mask throughout your time in church if you are able.
The decision to attend the in-person service at Parkwood Gardens Church on Sunday morning is solely your personal decision to make. It is equally acceptable to attend a service in person on Sunday or to watch it at home.
However, we recommend the following with regard to your decision:
(1) If you’re in a high-risk demographic, we would strongly encourage you to not physically attend at this time. Watch the online service.
(a) More vulnerable individuals include those who are in assisted living and nursing home facilities.
(b) More vulnerable individuals also include those with underlying health conditions … such as diabetes, heart/lung disease, or other respiratory illnesses.
(c) The service will be “live-streamed” at 9:30 am through our YouTube Live page and later uploaded to the church’s webpage and YouTube channel.
(2) When you return to the PGC services you’ll find that things are not the same as before. The staff and leadership of our Church are attempting to make the best decisions for everyone from both a health and spiritual standpoint, according to God’s Word … while maintaining the freedom of personal responsibility and diversity of conclusions around the recommendations regarding COVID 19… which continue to change.
For Everyone Coming to PGC’s Services:
(1) Complete a self-assessment prior to attending (see below) and please stay home if you have any symptoms, suspect you could be ill, or have been recently exposed to someone who has been unwell.
(2) The PGC facility will be sanitized. High traffic areas, including restroom facilities, will be disinfected prior to each service. [However, we request that everyone use the restroom at home prior to coming to limit usage of the church’s facilities.]
(3) Please enter the main front doors only.
(a) A sermon outline will be available on your seat, or you may print off your own at home and bring it. Bring your own pen or pencil. You may bring a quiet activity for your children to do.
(b) We will not offer coffee and water stations at this time. We will have hand sanitizing stations near the front doors.
(c) We will not be passing offering plates. You may drop your offering envelope into the offering box in the lobby on your way in.
(4) We need to keep 2 meter distancing between households (about 75 people per service). We ask that you leave 3 chairs between each household/family bubble or individual attending. Everyone must register online (or call the office) to reserve your seat until the service is full.
(a) Parents, we ask that you keep children who are not in Sunday school with you at all times.
(5) Our nursery is staffed during the 11 am service on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month. Sign up for one of the 7 spots in advance. The Nursing Moms’ room in the Nursery is also available to nurse babies.
(6) We will aim to keep our services around one hour, and we will not have our usual “greeting time”. We ask that you not shake hands or give hugs to those outside your family … even if the other person gives you permission to do so.
(7) You may hum along with the music or sing behind your mask. At this time our worship music is prerecorded. The speakers are live. The front row will be empty.
(8) Masks are now mandatory. Please wear a mask throughout your time in church if you are able. Please bring your own face covering when you come to the church.
* Self-Assessment Questions:
Please check out this government website.
* Are you feeling fevered/chills
* Do you have a new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, abdominal pain, difficulty swallowing, new loss of taste/smell, conjunctivitis (pink eye)
* If yes to any of the above, Do not come to church, Call COVID Call-in Centre or contact your healthcare provider.