Worship and Sunday School IN-PERSON & Online!
Watch the “Renewed Hope” sermon here: Livestreamed. Outline here.
HERE IS OUR NEW SUNDAY SCHEDULE:
9 am – Sunday School for all children – click here!
9:30 am – In-person and Livestreamed service. Outline here.
11:00 am – In-person service & Sunday School.
12:30 pm – Sunday School for Grades 4-5 – click here!
Reserve a spot in a service or 11 am Sunday School here.
Sunday, June 27
In-Person Sunday, 9:30 am & 11 am
Livestreamed Sunday at 9:30 am
Strength is renewed as we follow the example Ezra sets in v.10 “For Ezra set his heart to study the Law of the Lord, and to do it.” Because of Jesus and our daily relationship with Him we have strength, courage, and boldness to keep going forward even when there are difficulties. Read Ezra 7:7-10 to prepare.
• View or print Sunday’s sermon outline here.
• Livestream the service at 10 am here. Join the chat!
In-Person and Online Sunday Schools!
9 am – Sunday School for all children JK to Grade 5 – click to join here
11 am – In-Person Sunday School @ PGC – register here.
12:30 pm – Sunday School for children Grades 4-5 – click to join here!
(Start chatting with your friends 10 minutes ahead)
The 1pm Sunday School for older children will be based on the Bibleman animated series.
M.C. LIVE! THURSDAY @ 8:30 pm
Catch MC Live on Thursdays at 8:30pm on Facebook Live. Stop by our Church Facebook page here and watch Pastors Mike and Cheyenne with a special guest from our church family. Tune in every Thursday night at 8:30 for a fun time to hear from different members of our church and be encouraged.
Summer Sports Camps at PGC!
We are once again partnering with Onside Athletics to host 2 weeks of day camp (Basketball) at Parkwood Gardens this Summer:
August 9-13 Grades 5-8
August 16-20 Grades 2-4
OUR VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL IS NOW FULL.
Contact the office to put your child’s name on the waiting list.
Registration form is here:
VBS General Registration Form 2021
This year’s VBS dates are July 5-9, mornings 9-12. We are planning on having it live, in-person, with a maximum of 50 children. As of June 5, there are only 5 spots left!
Needed items for VBS by July 4
How can YOU help with VBS this year without actually being there? Well, have we got an opportunity for you!
The following items are needed for VBS this year. Please drop off your items on my front porch at 50 Wimbledon Rd, Guelph at the latest. Be sure to sign the clipboard on my porch table to indicate that you have dropped off your item. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me by email (email@example.com) or by phone (519-362-6013). Thank you for your contribution to VBS 2021!!
FAMILY FUN TRIVIA NIGHT!
June 26 at 8pm – Family Fun Trivia Night!
Join us for some tricky trivia and games complete with Uber/ Skip the Dishes food prizes delivered that night!
Fun for the whole family! Join the fun here:
We will have our brief Annual General Meeting at 12:15 pm on Sunday, July 11th. All are welcome, but official members are strongly encouraged to join the meeting. It will be live in-person after the 11 am service and also on a Zoom link to participate from home.
Our February 7th Members’ Meeting cared for all of the business except the adoption of the Auditor’s Report of our 2020 Finances. Click here to download a copy of that report to read in advance of the AGM. The meeting should only take a few minutes, as the only item on the agenda is adopting this report after receiving any questions you might have about it. If you have any questions about any of this, please contact the office.
Kids’ Church At Home:
I Believe, Week 4: Toddlers. Early Childhood. Elementary. Disabilities.
I Believe, Week 3: Toddlers. Early Childhood. Elementary. Disabilities.
I Believe, Week 2: Toddlers. Early Childhood. Elementary. Disabilities.
I Believe, Week 1: Toddlers. Early Childhood. Elementary. Disabilities.
Daily devotional thoughts are here or here.
MORE GROWTH & FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITIES!
Young Adult Community
: If you’re 18-30 join a new study called “Awake, My Soul!
” from the Psalms. Starts Monday May 10th at 8pm on Zoom. Contact Pastor Mike for the link: firstname.lastname@example.org
PRAYER GATHERING. Online, Sunday, June 13th, 7:30 pm. Contact the office for the Zoom link.
M.C. LIVE! THURSDAYS @ 8:30 pm
MC Live returns on Thursdays at 8:30pm on Facebook Live. Stop by our Church Facebook page here and watch Pastors Mike and Cheyenne with a special guest from our church family. Tune in every Thursday night at 8:30 for a fun time to hear from different members of our church and be encouraged.
Women’s Fitness on Zoom with Amy Jennison:
Mondays, Fridays and Sundays @ 7:30 PM. Sunday session is especially good for those looking to get started (or any post partum moms looking to build back core strength). Contact Amy if you’re interested in joining: Amy13jennison@gmail.com
Circle of Friends: Ladies Study & Fellowship Group:
Join the Circle of Friends ladies group on Tuesday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 am. Contact the office or Pastor Lynette for the Zoom link.
Parents/Young Families Groups: Join a group for connection, community, and prayer after putting the kids to bed.
• Sundays @ 8:30 pm
• Tuesdays @ 8:30 pm
YouVersion: If you’re interested in joining a future YouVersion daily devotional Bible Reading group contact Mikem@parkwoodgardens.ca.
- In-Person Services Return This Sunday! However, most small groups have moved online.
- The church office is closed. You may still call and leave messages or send emails to <email@example.com>.
- Finances: The church mailbox, which is locked and secure and located on the outside wall by the main front door, is checked daily. Feel free to mail or drop off your tithes and offerings there. DO NOT LEAVE PUT IN THE CHURCH MAILBOX. You can also donate electronically. Go here for instructions or call the office and you will be called back.
- Hearing God Seminar. The Hearing God seminar will occur later this fall. Watch for more info.
- The Parkwood Gardens Neighbourhood Group is looking for new members. A Parkwood Gardens Church representative has often held this position as we have several joint initiatives throughout the year. Interested? Comment on your communications card or contact Ramona Maynard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- The Parkwood Gardens Playgroup on Thursdays will hopefully resume this summer.
- Co-ed Volleyball for ages 18+ on Tuesdays will hopefully resume soon.
- Our Five-Year Vision was presented last year. If you missed it, you can watch it here and download the Vision document here.
Previous sermons are here and sermon notes are here.
We’re on FACEBOOK here and INSTAGRAM here.
June Memory Verse:
“Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.”
– Ephesians 5:21
Mondays – Women’s Fitness Class, Mondays, Fridays, Sundays
Tuesdays – Circle of Friends – 9:30 am, Online
Tuesdays – Friendship Club, Tuesdays, 6:30 to 8 pm
Tuesdays – Co-Ed Volleyball – returning soon
Wednesdays – Mamas & Chicks, 9:15 am, every other week
Wednesdays – Jr Youth Cell Groups, Online 7 to 8:30 pm, Gr. 6-9
Wednesdays – GROW in God’s Word – 7 pm Online & in-person
Wednesdays – GROW in Your Walk – New Group in September
Wednesdays – Ball Hockey, 8 pm, Ages 15+
Thursdays – Parkwood Gardens Playgroup, returning soon
Fridays – Basketball, 8 pm. Ages 16 and up. returning soon
Saturdays – Family Fun in the Gym, 4 to 6 pm. returning soon
Sundays – Worship Celebrations – 9:30 & 11 am @ PGC
Sundays – Sunday School – 9 am & 12:30 online.
Sundays – Vietnamese Worship Celebration, 2 pm
Sundays – Hearing God Seminar – 7 pm, coming soon
Youth Stuff: – Currently ONLINE ONLY
(Best to check out your Youth Schedule for full information)
Youth in Grades 6,7,8
Sundays – Jr Youth Sunday School – coming soon
Wednesdays – Jr Youth Cell Groups. 7-8:30 pm here
Saturdays – Family Fun in the Gym – coming soon
* Junior Youth Cell Groups are Wednesday from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
* Jr Youth Sunday School is Sundays at 11:15 am.
High School Youth
Weekly – Sr Youth D-Teams ONLINE and in-person
Sundays – Sr Youth Sunday School – coming soon
1st Sunday – Resonate Worship, 7 pm, coming soon
3rd Thursday – “The Gathering” – 7 pm, June 17th
* Senior Youth d-teams (Discipleship groups) meet on various nights in various homes around the city.
* Sr Youth Sunday School is Sundays at 11:15 except for the first Sunday of each month.
Did you know that you can watch or listen to Sunday’s sermons online? Click here for the previous week’s service.
If you would like to receive a list of weekly prayer requests, please e-mail Ricki Lee Bristow to have your e-mail address added to the weekly email newsletter. If you have prayer requests to be included on the list, please call the office (519-836-0180), or e-mail Elizabeth.
In-Person Worship Services
Parkwood Gardens Church
Resuming This Sunday, June 27th
9:30 & 11 am
The Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Health Unit has mandated the wearing of masks in churches. Please wear a mask throughout your time in church if you are able.
The decision to attend the in-person service at Parkwood Gardens Church on Sunday morning is solely your personal decision to make. It is equally acceptable to attend a service in person on Sunday or to watch it at home.
However, we recommend the following with regard to your decision:
(1) If you’re in a high-risk demographic, we would strongly encourage you to not physically attend at this time. Watch the online service.
(a) More vulnerable individuals include those who are in assisted living and nursing home facilities.
(b) More vulnerable individuals also include those with underlying health conditions … such as diabetes, heart/lung disease, or other respiratory illnesses.
(c) The service will be “live-streamed” at 9:30 am through our YouTube Live page and later uploaded to the church’s webpage and YouTube channel.
(2) When you return to the PGC services you’ll find that things are not the same as before. The staff and leadership of our Church are attempting to make the best decisions for everyone from both a health and spiritual standpoint, according to God’s Word … while maintaining the freedom of personal responsibility and diversity of conclusions around the recommendations regarding COVID 19… which continue to change.
For Everyone Coming to PGC’s Services:
(1) Complete a self-assessment prior to attending (see below) and please stay home if you have any symptoms, suspect you could be ill, or have been recently exposed to someone who has been unwell.
(2) The PGC facility will be sanitized. High traffic areas, including restroom facilities, will be disinfected prior to each service. [However, we request that everyone use the restroom at home prior to coming to limit usage of the church’s facilities.]
(3) Please enter the main front doors only.
(a) A sermon outline will be available on your seat, or you may print off your own at home and bring it. Bring your own pen or pencil. You may bring a quiet activity for your children to do.
(b) We will not offer coffee and water stations at this time. We will have hand sanitizing stations near the front doors.
(c) We will not be passing offering plates. You may drop your offering envelope into the offering box in the lobby on your way in.
(4) We can only fill the sanctuary to 15% of its full capacity (45 people at a time). We ask that you leave 3 chairs between each household/family bubble or individual attending. Everyone must register online (or call the office) to reserve your seat until the service is full.
(a) Parents, we ask that you keep children who are not in Children’s Church with you at all times.
(5) There will be no nursery at this time. However, the changing table that is just off the main lobby in the nursery lobby is available for use. The Nursing Moms’ room in the Nursery is also available to nurse babies (not for toddlers to play).
(6) We will aim to keep our services around one hour, and we will not have our usual “greeting time”. We ask that you not shake hands or give hugs to those outside your family … even if the other person gives you permission to do so.
(7) You may hum along with the music or sing behind your mask. At this time our worship music is prerecorded. The speakers are live. The front row will be empty.
(8) Masks are now mandatory. Please wear a mask throughout your time in church if you are able. Please bring your own face covering when you come to the church.
* Self-Assessment Questions:
* Are you feeling fevered/chills
* Do you have a new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, nasal congestion, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, abdominal pain, difficulty swallowing, new loss of taste/smell, conjunctivitis (pink eye)
* If yes to any of the above, Do not come to church, Call COVID Call-in Centre or contact your healthcare provider.